Keeping your commercial HVAC unit in good working order is an ongoing task that property managers and owners can only partially handle. Some aspects of commercial air conditioning servicing are too technical or difficult to troubleshoot without assistance from a qualified HVAC repair tech. Here are some troubleshooting tips, along with advice on when to contact a qualified technician to maintain your industrial air conditioning unit.
Simple Commercial HVAC Service Tasks
- Changing the filters. Your HVAC system won’t work very well if the filters are dirty. Dirty filters can impair the performance and reduce the longevity of your system.
- Make routine condenser coil inspections. The condenser coil can become dirty over time, which may lead to problems with freezing and poor efficiency. A visual inspection can alert you of problems before they become unmanageable. Condenser coils may be easy to access and clean, or may require assistance from an HVAC technician.
In-Depth Commercial Air Conditioning Service Tasks
Your commercial HVAC unit may require troubleshooting expertise beyond what you can provide. A professional HVAC service technician must address specific problems. Once they diagnose the issue, they may need to perform the following work:
- Preventative system maintenance. Checking the entire system for problem areas and performing regular maintenance tasks like cleaning the coil and ductwork can help head off problems before they become severe. Depending on your systems and needs, this type of maintenance may be performed several times a year.
- Duct sealing and inspections. Leaky ducts can put excess strain on a commercial HVAC unit because it has to work harder to keep the area at the correct temperature. Sealing these leaks and making sure all the ducts are in good condition leads to greater efficiency and unit longevity, as well as lower costs.
- Outdated system replacement. Outdated commercial air conditioning systems are also likely inefficient and expensive to maintain. Upgrading to an Energy Star-certified system can improve efficiency, reduce heating and cooling costs, and alleviate the need for additional service calls.
Who to Call for Commercial HVAC Problems?
At Ace Home Services, we understand that your business can’t go without air conditioning in the punishing Phoenix heat. That’s why we have a commercial HVAC service that covers the whole system, with a 20-point inspection to diagnose any problems. Contact us today for a free estimate!