Living in Phoenix, AZ means air conditioning is a necessity. It’s easy to take your HVAC for granted, and the team at Ace Home Services is here to ensure you stay cool and comfortable all summer. It’s pretty easy to tell when something’s wrong with your air conditioning system. Your home may not be getting as cool as you’d like, or the system might be running seemingly all the time or making odd noises. While we don’t expect homeowners to be experts in heating and cooling, we do want to make you aware of some common AC problems and how they can be fixed. Some of them are quick fixes you can do on your own, while others require our professionals to get the job done right. Whether you know what’s wrong or not, you can count on us for reliable AC repair services. Get in touch with us today to request an appointment.
9 Most Common AC Problems in Phoenix, AZ
Your HVAC system is complex and has many things that can go wrong. Just one thing being out of whack can make you miserable in your home. Learn about these common HVAC issues and what can be done about them:
- Refrigerant Leak – If your air conditioning system is not operating as it should and you notice a fluctuation in temperatures, you may have a leak. Refrigerant leaks can make the compressor run hot before seizing up. Too much refrigerant in the system can cause compressor failure. This problem can be solved by a visit from our technicians. We will locate the leak and repair it before charging the system with the proper amount of refrigerant.
- Corroded Wires or Terminals – If your air conditioner turns on and off frequently, you may have wires or terminals that are corroded. Our HVAC contractors can inspect the electrical elements of your HVAC system and replace any corroded elements. Without this HVAC repair, your fan and compressor will wear out before long.
- Water Leaks – A common air conditioning problem is a water leak, which will often be due to clogged drain lines that cause the condensate to overflow outside the drain line into the drain pan. Cleaning out the drains can help prevent this issue. Leaks may also occur in the collector box, evaporator drain pan, or heat exchanger. Our team can clean the drain line for you and identify any leaks before completing the necessary repairs.
- Dirty Filters – If your air conditioner takes longer to cool your house than it should, you might have dirty air filters. Dirty air filters make your HVAC unit work much harder than it should be. Making sure you have clean filters is one of the least expensive and easiest ways to maintain your system and maximize its lifespan and efficiency. Changing the filters once a month is a good idea.
- Continuous Blower – Some homeowners will notice that the blower in their air conditioner never shuts off. Make sure the fan switch was not accidentally turned on first. You may be experiencing a problem with the fan relay mechanism. Our team can diagnose the problem and repair it for you.
- Dirty HVAC Components – AC systems that do not cool as well as they should may have dirty components from a lack of regular maintenance. Dirty air filters can also be to blame. Dirty HVAC components will make your system work harder and shorten its lifespan in many cases. Changing your air filters on a regular basis can help, as can hosing down your condenser unit. You can do this by shutting off power to the unit and clearing any plants or vegetation growing around it. Our team can clean the indoor evaporator coil and other elements of your system.
- Loud Noises – It’s never good to hear loud noises coming from your air conditioner. Noises you might hear include squealing, rasping, or grinding, and they usually happen when your HVAC turns on. Noises can be signs of worn-out components, such as belts and bearings. Some noises are caused by wear and tear, while others are from dirty burners or air circulation problems. Regular maintenance can help. Be sure not to ignore noises coming from your air conditioner.
- No Cold Air – Turning on your air conditioner in the summer only to feel warm air can be an absolute nightmare. This problem indicates a refrigerant leak or an issue with the compressor or evaporator coils. Our team has the experience and expertise to solve the issue and get your HVAC unit blowing cool air again.
- Other AC Problems – There are plenty of other things that can go wrong with your air conditioner, but our team knows how to fix them all. Get in touch with us if you are experiencing pilot or ignition problems, thermostat malfunctions, mechanical wear and tear, blown fuses or tripped breakers, high electric bills, some rooms being warmer than others, not enough airflow, and more. We also offer furnace repair services.
Prevent Problems with a Maintenance Agreement
Does preventing significant and costly HVAC repairs sound like a good idea to you? You can reduce your chances of dealing with AC problems in the future by signing up for a Preventative Maintenance Agreement (PMA) from Ace Home Services. By joining this program, you’ll be ensured that maintenance is up to date on your HVAC unit. You will also receive exclusive discounts on replacement units and parts and labor. Our peace of mind program may provide you with hotel accommodations if your unit is non-working. No one can afford to be without air conditioning in the Valley, so our PMA program is worth the investment and will likely save you money in the long run.
Request an Appointment Today
If you are experiencing any of the AC problems we previously mentioned or just want to prevent them from occurring in the future, it’s time to schedule an appointment with Ace Home Services. We’re proud to be a veteran-owned and -operated business serving the Greater Phoenix area since 1994. Contact us today to request an appointment.